Sunday, September 26, 2010

Acceptable in the 80's

I liked Hungry Hungry Hippos.
Back in the eighties it was like crack for a 5 year old.
I mean come on... the game was all about addiction!
How many marbles can I gobble up!? I bet I can get more marbles than any of yah.

The techniques you employed in the game were intense. You had to become one with the marbles and find your inner hippo.

Feed me.
Only the clueless would say it was a game of chance. I was unbeaten for two whole weeks back in 1984. 

Often wondered what happened with those hippos though.
I mean there they were, unassuming primary color types. Lizzie Hippo, Henry Hippo, Homer Hippo and Harry Hippo.
They must have had serious identity problems. I mean Lizzy changed her name to Happy, and sometimes the hippos changed there colors.

Maybe it was the whole addiction thing.


They were all attending Marbles anonymous and then Bam, one day some asshole brings in a whole bag of marbles and before you can say "Its a race, its a chase, hurry up and feed their face" -- years of hard painful work... put out to pasture.

No wonder they kept changing there names.
I did some research though, and I don't know about the newest version...
I mean the Pink Sweetie Potamus? Pickya Bottomas -nah- Bottomless Potomus and Picky Potomus... and - for the love of god- a Green Veggie Potamus? 
These Hippos are seriously in denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment